Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Moose and Elk!

I always think I'm going to have time on my hands after Christmas because Christmas takes a lot of time to prepare for. I'm not sure how I did it before or why the time does not seem to be waiting for me to use it after, but here I am trying to catch up. Here's a little of what we've been up to lately coupled with too many pictures but I like being able to have a space to enjoy recent pictures. We spent the week the kids went back to school showing the house--no joke--six or seven times. It was one of the worst weeks ever! Of course, absolutely nothing came from all of those showings so we are fast approaching the time where we give up the dream, *sigh*.
As disappointing as that is, we are still trying to enjoy some winter fun. We caught up with the Mariner's Caravan. Jared and his friends, Brian and Logan had a chance to get their picture taken with Eric O'Flaherty and Mark Lowe, two of the pitchers. Bradley wasn't sure about the moose but tolerated him better than he did Santa. We also had to head back up to Yakima for another basketball tournament but this time the elk were much closer to the feeding area so we were able to take some close-up pictures. Below are kids from the three coaches' families. We have fun going to games together and watching the boys play.

Amanda and Nate started their season yesterday with a victory over Desert Hills--Mine and Nate's old school! I don't think I've been back since my sister went there and it was so fun to walk around and be in the gym! I don't think Nate envisioned himself coaching there one day. I know, we live where we grew up so this is kind of pathetic but I really treasure that kind of thing. My old teacher and softball coach, Mr. Jones, is now the principal and believe it or not some of the SAME teachers are still there! We had fun chatting with Mr. Jones (he remembers everyone).

Speaking of playing, here are the current schedules for everyone's activities:

Amanda and Nate: http://www.rsd.edu/schools/carmichael/pdf/winterIIsportscarmichael2008.pdf (7B white)

Jared and Nate:

http://ieaau.org/yakimaleague/2008/winter/4boys.pdf

Megan and Nate:

Saturday morning soccer games at Westgate 9:10 a.m. starting the second week in February (dates to be confirmed later this week).

Bradley and Mara: On the sidelines!

6 comments:

Jenny said...

What a fun, active family you are. Gee, you don't have any free time, I can't figure out why? :) Elliotte decided this week to try out for the school basket ball team, she's never played before, thankfully she wasn't really upset about getting cut; gutsy to even try I think! Enjoy your kid's activities.

Mara said...

I'm impressed that Elliotte tried out! There are no cuts in middle school here through sophomore in high school so that means A LOT of girls get to play--there are 3 "B" teams of 15 girls or so and one "A" team just for 7th grade. Tell her great job for us! It's nice to be active--there's not much else to do here in winter. . .

Shelli said...

Found your blog, Mara! It was good seeing you and Nate last weekend. I loved reading over your blog and seeing all the pictures of your family. You all look busy, but happy!

Krista said...

Hey! Found your link on Shelli's blog! It was great to catch up with your family. Your kids are so cute, and Amanda is so old! Remember when she and Braeden played together? Did you ever ask Cary about that double date we went on when we couldn't tell which guy was with who? That was funny. Great job with the running!

SherBear said...

Wow, what a blast from the past - Desert Hills!! When I think of our middle school, I think of the Angleseys, so it's only fitting that they commented on your post!!

I don't know how it is I stay busy with no kids...but I do. Well...maybe not so busy cuz I have time to watch TV and snuggle w/ my honey every night!

Mara said...

Yea! The Angleseys are here! Now I can't just be a silent observer of your blogs--I'll check in a little better! Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! Shelli, it was very fun for us to hang out with you guys, too! Kristi, I'd forgotten about that date--how funny! I'll have to ask Cary--any opportunity to give him a hard time . . . Oh, how dow you "find" blogs? I am so techno-illiterate!