Monday, January 26, 2009

Keeping Away the Winter Blahs

I can't seem to keep up with all the indoor play and eating and messes that result. This is after Bradley discovered a Costco package of goldfish crackers. Thanks Nate for taking care of that one!

Ok, I'm a little hesitant to put these pics up but I wanted a hair change sooo bad! Why not in the dead of winter? It took about an hour at the salon to do this so my attempts at home have been a little less polished--I don't have that much time or patience for taming my curls usually. This was so much fun! The last time my hair was straight was when my roommates ironed it in college. Do you remember that Jenny? Anyway, we'll see if I decide to abandon my curls for a while. Nate says it's just not me = )
We had fun watchng Jared and Nate take 2nd place in a tournament over the Martin Luther King Holiday Weekend. Amanda's CMS team started games this week so Nate is coaching almost 24/7 and we are in the gym watching almost 24/7. The great thing about basketball is that it is a warm indoor sport to watch!
A little Mariner's Caravan complete with friends and autographs gets us looking forward to spring and baseball.
And, we've been watching a lot of movies lately. This is Bradley's absolute favorite! It's got trains and a talking ball and bat and he loves it! I'm a little tired of it myself but the rest of the kids seem to walk by and get sucked in every time it is on. We may have to find another copy for backup as this buys me some valuable time during the day.

7 comments:

donna said...

love your hair. I also have curly hair. I tried to flat ironed my hair. To much work. So now i go with what ever my hair will do.

Jenny said...

I'm impressed if you are straitening your hair every day...I remember how LONG that took when we did it. You look beautiful, nothing new there! It does take a little getting used to. Have fun with all your basketball...do you dream of basketball? :)

SherBear said...

Mara! Wow, I've never seen you with straight hair!! It's pretty cute, actually! Ah, the joys of flat-ironing. Takes so long.. I actually wore mine CURLY to church yesterday for the first time in my ward, and you'd have thought I died it BLUE from the attention I got. All positive comments, of course. I just think it's funny - I so prefer my hair straightened. I guess because I like to run my fingers through it and it's too wirey when it's curly.
Thanks for sharing!!

The Vickerman's said...

Love the hair! I can't remember if I've ever seen you with straight hair!!

The funny thing is Taylor wants me to have curly hair...

Shelli said...

Love the haircut Mara, SASSY!

Jodi said...

Looks like fun at your house! And I'll tell you what I always tell Sherrie - I LOVE CURLY HAIR and wish I had your hair, but it is so cute straight too. You're just beautiful no matter what. And I totally know what you mean about needing a change. I actually think I'm going to grow mine out... I never have longer hair.

Krista said...

WOw, your eyes pop! Not that they didn't before, actually, now that I think about it. You have such pretty eyes. I'm on flu meds, maybe I shouldn't be writing, but anyway, love the pictures and Happy Birthday, Bradley!