After Nate and Jared got back, we turned around two days later and headed right back to Seattle for spring break. Luckily, the weather was pretty nice considering we had terrible weather here at home. We had a great time doing all the downtown Seattle activities. We also got a chance to have dinner with some dear friends who managed to give us the authentic Seattle experience and put together a dinner for three families when the power was out in their home most of the day. It was a yummy BBQ and we loved seeing them--thanks Webbs and Ahlstroms. We were sorry we missed the Elsasser family due to sickness--we'll catch up with you again!
These are taken at the top of the Space Needle.
We rode the monorail so Bradley could say he rode a "train."
We also went to the Music Experience and Science Fiction Museum where the highlight for the older kids was making their very own music video. I was on the keyboard, Megan drums, Amanda lead vocals and Jared was guitar. We sang "I Love Rock n' Roll." It will not be available to the public anytime soon though. We had such a fun time together. It was nice to take a little vacation.
6 comments:
looks like you all had a great spring break. There is alwasy so much to do in Seattle.
Thanks for sharing your SB with us.:)
OK, so I didn't think it was that long ago since we saw you guys, but seriously, when I saw Amanda, I thought I was looking at your sister (not Mindy, just another sister I'd never met)!!! So has grown up so much and is beautiful. (Have fun with that guys!)
I also have some Ahlstrum(sp?) friends. I wonder if they're the same ones. I also think it's great that you run into friends no matter where you are. You guys are quite popular :). Gotta love that.
We might be coming up this summer, and we'll call you if we do. Hope to see you soon!
We had so much fun seeing you, thanks for taking time out of your vacation to hang out at our house. We still need to figure out our summer schedule.
What a fun trip. I love visiting Seattle. Looks like you had a great time. The kids are getting so grown up.
What amazing family photos. Looks like you guys had an awesome spring break. I wish we could've gone somewhere. And 5th grade trip to Seattle? Who does that? That sounds like so much fun.
What a great vacation! Good for you guys!!!
I'm with Jodi - since when do 5th graders get to go to on such an extravagant "field trip"? Very cool for cute Jared.
I too was shocked to see Amanda. It really hasn't been that long since I've seen her, and yet she looks a few years older. So gorgeous. Yikes!
I love your family to pieces.
Post a Comment