Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Idaho and Yellowstone


 We had a great time at Yellowstone National Park!  We fell in love with the scenery and all of the things to do and see there!

Bradley became obsessed with becoming a Junior Ranger.  He did nothing but the activity booklet for the whole time we were there so that he could get his badge as soon as he was done and found the nearest Park Ranger.  He took his charge very seriously and memorized the Junior Ranger Pledge.  If you ask him what it is he will raise up his hand and stay, "As a Junior Ranger, I promise...."  He also made sure we knew that he has a job now and that he can help out the national park rangers whenever they need him. 

We got to watch the bison cross right in front of our car.  It was a little too close for comfort.
Then Bradley yelled out the window and said, "Hey Bison! You wanna piece of me?" 

It is amazing how there are so many different colors and types of geyser formations!

Old Faithful didn't dissapoint.  Below is Amanda's favorite shirt ever that she bought from a gift shop.


 

We took a hike up Mt. Washburn which apparently goes up about 2,000 feet in elevation.  It was a good three-hour hike and the kids did so great!  I was very impressed that we made it! 




 

On the way home, we went off the highway for a bit through Anaconda where I lived for a brief time as a baby (and had my first birthday there) to stop at a place advertised as the world's greatest candy store.  It was definitely worth the stop!  Adorable little shop with all kinds of hand-made chocolates, fudge, saltwater taffy and even candy types from the penny-candy era. 
 
 
We had a great time as a family and enjoyed our trip together!
 

5 comments:

donna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
donna said...

looks like you had a wonderful trip...

Kristin said...

I'm so glad you had a great trip!

Jenny said...

Looks like a great way to enjoy the summer! We need to get caught up!

Jen Childers said...

I didn't know you were born in Anaconda! I have an uncle there. I grew up going to Yellowstone every summer. I Love it!!