Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Woes of a Sixth Grader


The following is a poem that Jared wrote for Language Arts class:

Trampoline


I shouldn't have gone on the trampoline

Without shoes, then my toe wouldn't be green

I wouldn't be wearing this boot, but a shoe

Also my toenail wouldn't be blue

Man I should've worn that shoe

I wouldn't have to go to the doctor too

I wouldn't be out for five to six weeks

Maybe I could still play and wear my basketball sneaks

Or I could go outside and play in the snow

But no, I have a throbbing toe

I could go outside to play

And try to enjoy this wonderful day

But I have to stay inside and rest

My throbbing toe cause it's not at its best

I shouldn't have gone on the trampoline

Without shoes, then my toe wouldn't be green

5 comments:

Janna G said...

That is a great poem. Jared you have talent! sorry about your toe.

Love the picture of bradley at the top.

Mindy said...

Jared, you are awesome! I love the poem! I know that doesn't make up for the lost sports/snow time but you rock at writing poems!

By the way...Bradley's pjs are the best! Cute pic!

SherBear said...

Ditto on the comments above. Love it!

Rebecca said...

What a great poem! So sorry about the foot!

Jenny said...

Sad! But, great poem! Hope you had a great holiday season!